Senior Customer Success Specialist
June 25, 2021
Senior Customer Success Specialist
We are looking for an experienced, tech-savvy, smart, driven, self-motivated Senior Customer Success Specialist who is passionate about wowing customers, sustainability, technology, and the built environment to join our lean core Professional Services Team in our Vancouver office.
As a Senior Customer Success Specialist (CSS) at BuiltSpace Technologies Corp., you will be an energetic and engaging ambassador for BuiltSpace working to delight our Customers and Reseller Partners. As part of their main interface with BuiltSpace, you will look to build positive, long lasting relationships and will be involved in the support of pre and post sales. This is a hands-on position that supports the whole customer lifecycle as it relates to customer and reseller partner acquisition, onboarding, adoption, on-going support, retention, and expansion.
You will work to gain a strong understanding of our Customer’s or Reseller Partner’s business objectives and be able to identify and articulate how our solution supports achievement of these strategic business goals for mutual success.
This position is based out of our Downtown Vancouver office.
BuiltSpace Technologies Corp. is on a mission to digitize millions of buildings; to create smarter, safer, and more sustainable buildings, plants, cities and campuses around the world. Our 'digital twins' (of physical buildings, campuses and even city infrastructure) connect people, processes and places, putting BuiltSpace at the very centre of SmartBuilding, Smart City and Internet of Things technology.
Our innovative software platform has been described as 'LinkedIn for Buildings', where people and companies work together to improve health, safety, services and global sustainability across the built environment. Covid-19 has accelerated our growth.
BuiltSpace, based in Vancouver, started operations in 2011. We are now scaling globally, with a rapidly developing partner channel ecosystem in Canada, the US, the UK, Australia and other global markets. Our professional services team directly supports our customers, reseller partners and their end customers. If you are interested in making a difference in a small company, BuiltSpace is for you!
What you'll be doing
- Become a BuiltSpace Product Champion and educate customers on best practices in the BuiltSpace platform. Use your deep knowledge of BuiltSpace to ensure our customer’s success throughout their entire onboarding journey.
- Take total ownership of onboarding and training new customers onto the platform. This is an opportunity to apply your project management skills, and to ensure that all aspects of the customer’s journey are tracked and delivered smoothly, and on-time.
- Manage a book of existing customers, proactively working to improve customer satisfaction & increase account size, whenever possible. Communicate and/or demonstrate new product features to these existing customers.
- Record client interactions, issues, successes, and opportunities in our CRM software.
- Work with the product & software teams to stay up-to-date with the feature roadmap, and pass on customer feedback and requirements to the Director of Product Development.
- Work with the Development team to ensure new features meet customer expectations through Quality Assurance and acceptance testing.
- Assist Customers/Reseller Partners with requirements gathering for integrations to enterprise, energy, IOT and/or building automation systems.
- Meet, qualify & proactively follow-up with leads to generate new business by moving them through the sales pipeline.
- Represent BuiltSpace as a brand ambassador, championing the benefits of the platform to anyone that’s listening!
What Skills and Experience you'll bring
- 3-5+ years of experience in a Customer Success Specialist or Account Manager role in the SaaS B2B tech industry
- Ability to learn quickly and exhibit tech savviness; your curiosity and passion mean that you can get up to speed and have an impact from day one.
- A proven track record of going above and beyond to wow your customers.
- Ability to clearly express yourself in a succinct manner, both written and verbal, in English.
- Ability to prioritize and manage many open customer cases at one time with an organized, project management approach.
- Experience with training customers live via web conferencing tools such as Zoom or Teams.
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills with experience speaking directly with key decision makers (e.g., C-suite).
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to demonstrate significant resourcefulness, day-in/day-out, with a can-do, solutions driven attitude.
- Solution sales experience ideally with construction, CRE and/or building related software/projects
- Project Management certification (PMI-CAPM, PMI-PMP)
- Agile/Scrum Certification (CSM, PMI-ACP)
- Post secondary education in a relevant program of study